How to Setup Open Camera – If you thought that your smartphone’s built-in camera app could do a lot of things, you’d be surprised to learn that Android lets you do a lot more with Camera2API. Unfortunately, you have to download third-party applications to fully maximize the features of your smartphone camera. One of the popular third-party camera apps for Android is Open Camera . However, to get good shots you also have to understand how to use Open Camera and make settings for this application. Then how do you set Open Camera to get maximum image results?
This application has a review of 4.2 out of a total of 156.017 reviewers. With this value, it can be said that Open Camera is very liked by its users. Before we discuss further about how to set and how to use this Open Camera application, it’s good to know about the mainstay features of this application.
Features of the Open Camera App
- Option to stabilize when taking pictures automatically.
- Support for scene modes, color effects, white balance, ISO, exposure compensation/lock, selfie with “screen flash”, HD video and more.
- Timer (with optional voice countdown), auto-repeat mode (with configurable delay).
- Option to take photos remotely by making a sound, or by voice command.
- Configurable volume lock and user interface.
- Reverse preview option for use with attachable lenses.
- Overlay grid selection and guides for cropping images.
- Optional GPS location tagging (geotagging) photos and videos.
- Apply date and timestamps, location coordinates, and custom text to photos.
- Panorama, including for the front camera.
- Support for HDR and Exposure Bracketing.
- Support for Camera2 API: manual control (with optional focus assist); burst mode; RAW files (DNG); slow motion videos.
- Noise reduction (including a low-light night mode) and dynamic range optimization mode for better quality photos.
- Options for on-screen histogram, zebra stripes, focus peaking.
- Focus bracketing mode.
- Completely free and no ads in the app.
Open Camera settings Android
When you shoot video every day, you’ll be lucky to have a device that has built-in image stabilization. For now, this is a feature provided only on top flagship devices. Open Camera cleverly implements camera stabilization by using the accelerometer to show you the tilt angle of the camera. You can use these virtual levels to adjust your grip so that the photos and videos you take are perfectly level. To use it, simply open Open Camera and look for the reading in the lower left corner of the screen.
How to Set Open Camera to Detect Faces
You can enable face detection in the settings menu and let the camera focus on recognized faces in the frame instead of having to manually select a focus point. This makes it easier to shoot and you don’t have to worry about the person not focusing on the camera.
How to Use Open Camera With Voice
You can set the camera to automatically take a picture or start recording a video when you say a trigger word like “cheese” or set it to respond to noise. This is a way of making the most of Open Camera which is very useful when trying to take selfies with a large crowd.
How to Setting Open Camera to Adjust Audio Sensitivity
Not all environments where you shoot video are equal, some may be noisier than others. Unless your phone’s microphone adapts automatically, you will be left with very noisy audio recordings. To work around this, you can manually adjust the microphone sensitivity to best suit the environment you are recording in. Go to Audio control options to increase or decrease sensitivity.
How to Set Open Camera to Lock Photo / Video Orientation
When you shoot a video, many netizens will complain if you shoot it in portrait. If you have problems with orientation when rotating your device, you can lock the orientation to landscape regardless of how the device orientation is set. Or you can always shoot in portrait mode and wait for the screams from netizens. Set the orientation under “More camera controls” in settings. This is a very useful way of setting Open Camera when you are taking videos for a long time.
Open Camera comes with more features than the built-in stock camera and is very useful for users who want complete control over taking photos. How to set Open Camera may seem complicated for some people.
Disclaimer:- For Educational Purposes Only.